Friday, June 27, 2008

One more

I am nearly done with my oral typhoid vaccine. But between the pills and the smoke which encapsulates the city I am not feeling well. I have a sore throat, which may be the result of the vaccination, but is more likely a cold I have picked up from both my daughters. My wife is complaining about a sore throat as well.

So June has seen too many days on the couch or in bed. For me, illness is a blow to my self-esteem, my sense of confidence in myself. But, I know that I often have an inflated sense of self, and so I also see illness as God's way of keeping me humble.

I am again "youtubing" Ethiopia and cam across this. I think this film demonstrates the type of students I will be dealing with in Masha. I'm getting excited about working with these intelligent young people.

No comments: